New notifications about your bank account and credit availability
What are the benefits of balance alerts?
How do I identify balance alert notifications?
How will balance alerts work?
Who receives balance alerts?
Existing customers with a valid email address who use online banking will receive balance alerts for:
- Deposit accounts (chequing and saving)
- Lines of credit
How do I change my balance alert amount?
How do I change the way I receive balance alerts?
How do I opt out of balance alerts?
Why am I not receiving balance alerts?
- Check your junk mail folder. Tip: add [email protected] to your address book.
- You may not have been automatically set up for balance alerts. If you are using online banking but not receiving alerts, you will need to log in to set up alerts:
- Go to "Create Alert"
- Set your preferences and "Submit"
- You can edit your alerts by going to "Manage Alerts" and "Edits Alerts" and then "Edit".
You will only receive an alert when your available balance or available credit falls below the threshold you set.
Is there a fee for balance alerts?
Motive Balance Alerts is a free service, but standard messaging and data charges may apply depending on your mobile service provider.
Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF) charges and additional interest charges or fees may apply if transactions exceed your available balance or credit limit.