Give me the quick version
With online banking you get 24/7 access to all of your accounts. All of your banking can be done by phone or online, including:
- Paying bills
- Viewing your account balances
- Viewing your transaction history
- Opening a new Motive Savings account or Motive GIC
- Transferring funds between accounts or to other Motive and CWB customers
- Sending Interac® e-Transfers
- Changing your contact information or online banking password
Up-to-date account balances, checking transactions, paying bills and transferring money are all available from your smartphone or tablet. Features include:
- check your account balances and account activity with QuickView
- pay bills
- transfer money between accounts
- manage scheduled payments and transfers
- check the latest interest rates
- send or receive Interac e-Transfers or add an e-Transfer recipient
Deposit or withdraw your money at any ATM that is part of THE EXCHANGE® Network without paying a surcharge. With thousands of ATMs located across Canada, THE EXCHANGE Network provides you with constant, convenient access to your account. Find an ATM near you with our ATM locator.
Withdrawals can be made at most ATMs in Canada. If the ATM is not part of THE EXCHANGE Network, the ATM owner may levy a fee to use their machine.
- Your debit card is embedded with a tap Interac Flash® chip technology that provides improved convenience and increased protection against debit card skimming and counterfeiting.
- Your card is enabled with tap technology through Interac Flash that is both convenient and safe. This technology allows you to pay for your purchases quickly and securely with a single tap at participating points of sale, while protecting you against fraudulent activity.
- When you perform a transaction, your debit card never leaves your sight.
- Enjoy increased convenience when travelling. Your debit card includes THE EXCHANGE® Network, Interac®, Cirrus® and Maestro® applications, ensuring that you can withdraw money and perform direct payment purchases around the world.
If your chip debit card is lost or stolen, contact us at 1.877.441.2249 immediately. If you are calling outside of regular business hours, please call our after-hours tech support from Sonoma at 1.888.424.3131 to cancel your card. Our regular business hours are Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., MDT.
With Motive, you can send and receive money a number of different ways. Easily and securely transfer money to and from your accounts using:
- Interac e-Transfer - Send or receive money quickly with Interac e-Transfer. All you need is an email and/or mobile phone number and an account at a Canadian financial institution. As a sender, you don't need to worry about figuring out where the person banks and they won't know where you do your own banking, because all account details and financial institutions are kept confidential.
- One-time transfers - Transfer money between your Motive account and your account at any other Canadian financial institution. To link your other bank accounts, fill out the money transfer authorization form, and fax, email or mail it to us with a VOID cheque for the account you want to link.
- Internal transfers - Transfer money between your Motive accounts and other CWB accounts via interbank transfers.
- Future dated/recurring transfers - Who doesn’t want to reach their savings goals faster? We can help you set up a regularly scheduled transfer into your Motive Savings Account. Using a Savings Builder Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) you can set up regularly scheduled transfers between your Motive Savings Account and your account at another financial institution. To set up these transfers, print and fill out the Electronic Funds Transfer form, and fax, email or mail it to us with a VOID cheque for the account you want your transfer to come from.
Call 1-877-441-2249 to speak with one of our agents.
Our agents are available to help you with password resets, account inquiries and other general inquiries Monday to Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. MT.
For 24-hour support, call 1-866-673-3918.
Use this number to report lost or stolen debit cards and other emergencies or if you need online banking technical support.
You can also fax us at 1-877-441-2250.